Forum Uzbekistan

Forum of expats in Uzbekistan: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN CRICKET in Uzbekistan

Discussion in 'Uzbekistan' started by JonathanCampion, Sep 4, 2013.

1. JonathanCampion

JonathanCampion New Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Russian
    I am a journalist from London, who has been asked by the editors of the Wisden Almanack's "Cricket Around the World" section to write a short piece for the 2014 edition on cricket in Uzbekistan. Having read an article about cricket being played by expats in Tashkent, I am writing to ask for your help.

I would be grateful beyond words if you could put me in touch with some people who are involved in cricket in Uzbekistan, who perhaps could assist me with my article. I am looking to find out not only who plays, and where, but also some unusual anecdotes, which I am sure will serve as a very positive advert for Uzbekistan for Wisden's readers worldwide.

Я несколько лет жил и работал в СНГ, так что Вы можете отвечать на русском, если вам так удобнее.

Thanks,

Jon

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Uzbekistan Cricket

Uzbekistan Cricket New Member

City:
    Tashkent
    Living In:
    Uzbekistan
    Nationality:
    Uzbekistani (UZ)
    Languages:
    Russian, English, Uzbek

Dear John,

I have just come across your question which was posted some years ago. I would like to inform you that cricket is now officially played in Uzbekistan. Cricket Federation of Uzbekistan was formed in 2019 and since then new sportsmen were trained and have been playing cricket. If you need more information, please feel free to contact me at cricketfederation.uz@gmail.com.