Forum Spain

Forum of expats in Spain: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Vibrant Streets of Barcelona and Beyond

Discussion in 'Spain' started by MoonlitSoul$, Feb 26, 2024.

1. MoonlitSoul$

MoonlitSoul$ Member
    Networker

City:
    Global
    Living In:
    Philippines
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish and Tagalog
    Trip Report: Exploring the Vibrant Streets of Barcelona and Beyond
    Hey fellow travelers!

I recently remembered a nice trip I went to Spain before, and the best part was some days in Barcelona enjoying the sun and culture. I want to give some good points and advice for people who are thinking about visiting this wonderful city and other places nearby!

Barcelona:
    La Sagrada Família: Absolutely breathtaking! Gaudí's masterpiece is a must-visit. Pro tip: Book tickets online in advance to skip the long lines.

Gothic Quarter: Walk through the tight alleys and find small plazas, coffee shops, and little stores by chance. It's like going into the past.

Park Güell: The park has benches covered in mosaics and unusual buildings that create a dream-like place to visit. It is most pleasant early in the morning when there are fewer people.

Barceloneta Beach allows for relaxation, sunbathing, and the pleasure of drinking sangria while looking at the Mediterranean Sea. It is pure joy.

Beyond Barcelona:
    Montserrat is a place that you should definitely visit for one day. Make sure to take the funicular because it offers very beautiful scenery from a high perspective.

In Figueres, at the Salvador Dalí Museum, you can feel the strange brilliance of Dalí. It is a museum experience that stays in your memory because it's very unusual.

Costa Brava: Leave the city and visit beautiful coastline villages such as Tossa de Mar and Cadaqués. The waters are very clear, excellent for swimming and underwater diving with a snorkel.

You can walk on a beautiful trail or take the cable car to go up to Montserrat Abbey. It is an old monastery located high in the mountains, and when you get there, the views are very impressive.

Spain captured my affection with its lively culture, tasty cuisine, and friendly people. Eager to arrange another journey and discover more of this wonderful nation.❤️

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    WOW, so you are not only going to Chile?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MoonlitSoul$

MoonlitSoul$ Member
    Networker

City:
    Global
    Living In:
    Philippines
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    Yeah traveling has been a big part of my life, and I've been fortunate to explore some amazing places.

4. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Fantastic to share your experience on the forums :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    MoonlitSoul$ likes this.
  5. Sarah Wilson

Sarah Wilson Member

City:
    Atlanta
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    It's cool that you ventured further to visit Montserrat and Salvador Dali's museum too. Smaller towns on the coast like Tossa de Mar must have been so relaxing compared to the bustle of the big city.

Cyrilexpat likes this.
  6. Shane Morgan

Shane Morgan Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    English
    Did you visit Canary Islands too?

7. MoonlitSoul$

MoonlitSoul$ Member
    Networker

City:
    Global
    Living In:
    Philippines
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    Yeah, I've been to the Canary Islands a couple of times! If you haven't checked it out yet, I'd definitely recommend exploring Tenerife. The beaches are stunning, and you can't miss out on hiking Mount Teide for some breathtaking views. Plus, the food scene there is amazing, especially if you're into seafood.

8. Shane Morgan

Shane Morgan Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    English
    I am thinking about a trip in the coming months but am still not sure where to start.

9. MoonlitSoul$

MoonlitSoul$ Member
    Networker

City:
    Global
    Living In:
    Philippines
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    First off, figure out what kind of experience you're after—adventure, relaxation, culture, etc. Then, narrow down your options based on interests and budget. Check out travel blogs, forums, and guides for ideas. Consider factors like weather and travel restrictions. Once you've got a destination, start planning flights, accommodations, and activities.