Forum Open Bar

Forum of expats Open Bar: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN USPS eliminates Int'l Surface Mail Option! Sign Petition Now

Discussion in 'Open Bar' started by uspsismgone, Jun 16, 2007.

1. uspsismgone

uspsismgone New Member

City:
    USA/Taipei, Taiwan
    I am writing in this to ask for support in signing a petition to bring back the international surface mail service (ground shipping) from the USPS.

On May 14th, the US post office dropped the international surface mail and all economy mail services.

I have created a petition, you can go here

http://www.petitiononline.com/USPSISM/petition.html to sign it, after some time I will be sending it directly to the USPS.

What I have found so far is that book customers and retailers, including e-bayers, bookstores of whom send out free books to poorer countries as well as those who donate other items and use the economy mail services to save money on shipping. Foreign students in the US will also be effected. Another group that will be hit are US expatriates who order products from back home and those who don't care about the long wait to receive something. It is possible the military will be hit and not to mention the peace corp and humanitarian groups who will be hit hard.

Please support us by signing the petition and passing it to everyone in your group, organization, company or church who you think benefits from this service or who would like
    to see the service return.

I am hoping to get them to turn their decision around,or create a new service that will benefit everyone who uses the economy services.

Please spread the word!

Thank you in advance for your support.

Please note this is not spam, I do exist and this is a real situation. I was going to post this in the announcements forum, but I do not have access to that forum.