Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN UK Settlement Visa for the Fiance of an EEA settled in UK

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by jordan.j, Nov 26, 2006.

1. jordan.j

jordan.j New Member

Hi all,
    I am an African living actually in Germany.I am planning to join my long term fiancee in UK.We have met each other in 2000 when I was in UK for the first time.Since that time,we were in relationship until 2003, we had a break and then started again our relation from last August 2006...At the time of the break,we were still good friends...Now our relation is serious enough such that we plan to live and build our life together.Therefore,I would like to apply for a Settlement Visa for the purpose of mariage in UK.My fiancee is working in UK and she owns her flat.This means we have a place to live and don´t claim anything from public founds.I have filled the online application.But I m afraid of how to prove Evidence of our relationship. We have very few emails,letters since we use to chat on MSN,Skype and we call each other using prepaid card ...I use to call her from the Call Centers here in Germany since this is the cheapest way for me.We have some pictures of us we did in 2000,2001,2002 in UK and some recent pictures of both of us here in Germany when she visited me in this month (November 2006)....
    Based on informations above,do you think that I have chance to get the Visa?
    Do you have any advices to give me on how to prepare my documents in order to convince the Immigration Officer about our relation?
    Your answers and advices are welcomed.
    Jordan