Forum Magazine

Forum of expats Magazine: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

⌸ EN Magazine The rise of flexible working and hot desks

Discussion in 'Magazine' started by KashGo, Nov 11, 2021.

1. KashGo

KashGo Addicted member
    Editor

City:
    Manama
    Living In:
    Bahrain
    Nationality:
    South African (ZA)
    Languages:
    English, Afrikaans
    The Covid-19 pandemic and the worldwide lockdowns forced many workers to abandon their offices and the watercooler gossip in favour of working from home.

Now as the world adapts to working with the new norm specific trends are emerging, such as employees wanting more work flexibility.
    Employers are having to consider new non-traditional attitudes as their businesses resume and their workforce prepares to return to work in person.
    Other unique approaches include changes to the way teams are organised, new repurposed work areas and varied scheduling to meet flexibility demands.

The most creative solution to emerge from all of these radical changes to the traditional work environment is the rise of the hot desk as a flexible work arrangement for employees.
    It is an effective solution for coping with the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic and it would therefore make sense to implement this strategy post-pandemic.

We present all of that, with pros and cons, in our article:
    The rise of flexible working and hot-desks

Have you worked in such environment? Does your company have shared-space and flexy-office or have you hired a desk in a local facility, such as WeWork, Regus and many others?

Tell us about your experience :cool:

2. Nobinkumar Pradhan

Nobinkumar Pradhan New Member

City:
    Pune
    Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    ENGLISH,HINDI,MARATHI, INDONESIAN
    A very interesting and well researched article. I am a wandering Finance professional like me who has worked on site in 5 different countries, mostly in the South East Asia. I am wondering if there are opportunities to get online assignments in South East Asian countries or elsewhere. If yes, what are these portals or agencies ? Any leads please? I am from India by the way and believe I am a citizen of the planet.

3. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Online assignments on what? With the pandemic, flexible working and remote working has spread in many sectors and there are certainly more possibilities than before.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nobinkumar Pradhan

Nobinkumar Pradhan New Member

City:
    Pune
    Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    ENGLISH,HINDI,MARATHI, INDONESIAN
    Thanks for your response. I am referring to Financial assignments -- financial and cost accounting, Management Accounting, international trade, project accounting and applying advance Excel functions in Accountancy and finance. For the same areas, I am looking for opportunities as an online tutor. Hope everything is clear now, Cyril.