Forum Singapore

Forum of expats in Singapore: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Raffles Education Job Offer - NEED Advices

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by Zotoss, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Zotoss

Zotoss New Member

Good day to all, i am new.

I am an Italian engineer, and i have received a job offer from Raffles Education Corporation to join their education network as Lecturer.

They have some colleges and universities in Singapore and China. We're in the midst of valutation.

I write to this forum to ask some advice about that school, if u know...and about living in Singapore...for me will be a great change of life, moving from Italy to Singapore (the contract is 2 years), so what will i have to know about living in Singapore, and what will i have to ask to university???

Please help, all informations will be very useful.

Thank you in advance,
    Lorenzo

2. graphix

graphix New Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    english
    Good day lorenzo!

I have also been in contact with hr at raffles education corporation to join their education network as lecturer. It is hard to find any information about them, besides their official web sites. Do you know why they call themselves all kind of different names - education group, corporation, design institute and many more? A little bit unclear.

If you have already signed the contract would you mind sharing some info with me about them? Or if you declined - why? If you have heard anything else about them, i would appreciate your reply!

I write to this forum to ask some advice about that school as well since i know nothing about the it!

Irina.

3. bryannn

bryannn Member

City:
    Singapore
    Living In:
    Singapore
    Nationality:
    Dutch (NL)
    Languages:
    English, Dutch
    Hello irena and lorenzo,

it's a bit of a tall order that you're asking, as there is a so much to read, so much to learn when you're about to endevor such a big move.

It so happens though that i made the very move in 2004 that you're about to make; i moved to singapore from holland. As such, i reckon i may be able to put you on the right track.

I guess your first step, however, is to find decent accommodation. If you'd like some first-hand information on how to effeciently go house-hunting, have a look at my website, which i set up specifically for the purpose of assisting newly-arrived expats such as yourself at finding your home away from home.

You're welcome to have a browse on http://www.rentinginsingapore.com.sg/

by all means let me know any questions that you may have, housing ones or otherwise :)

regards,

bryan