Forum Sweden

Forum of expats in Sweden: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Moving to Sweden the end of August

Discussion in 'Sweden' started by Harald, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Harald

Harald New Member

City:
    Den Haag
    Living In:
    Netherlands
    Nationality:
    Dutch (NL)
    Languages:
    Nederlands, Engels
    Hi guys,

I am a 49 years old guy from the Netherlands (EU), and I would like to stay in Sweden for 3 months from September 1 and if I like it, stay there longer or even live there. At the moment I have no work, but I have capital enough for living there for at least another 5 years without any other income.

Since I do not want to pay unnecessary extra rent, energy costs etc by keeping the rent in the Netherlands during that trial period, I have already canceled it so that I have to leave here at the end of August anyway.

Now it would of course be the best if I could arrange a rental house in Sweden for at least 3 months already in the Netherlands before i go, but I can't view it because I am not in Sweden yet, and when I arrive I have to spend the night somewhere until I have found something of course.

What do you recommend to me on this point?

Until then staying in a hostel or hotel?

Where I am going to rent something in Sweden is not that important to me. As long as it is not too northern (too cold), not more expensive than 900 euro a month (is about 9000 Swedish Krona) the house is a free-standing house, there is public transport nearby, a supermarket no more than 5 kilometers away and I can also receive mail at my house.

Another thing: Because from september i won't have a home anymore in the Netherlands, i will have to forward my post to a nearby address in Sweden so that i won't miss any post. If needed I guess you can't forward it to a hostel or hotel, right?