Forum Singapore

Forum of expats in Singapore: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Is your child turning 24 months old?

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by infantlanguagecentre, Dec 26, 2011.

1. infantlanguagecentre

Living In:
    Singapore
    Nationality:
    Singaporean (SG)
    Languages:
    English, Mandarin
    We, at the National University of Singapore (NUS), are interested in understanding how babies learn their first words.

If your baby will be about 24 months old in the next month and you’re interested in participating in our research, we would be very happy to hear from you! Depending on your child's language background, we'll contact you to schedule a session if we find your child suitable.

What should I expect?
    Your baby will sit on your lap and listen to a set of words accompanied by pictures. We will be interested in the pictures that your child looks at in response to the words. We will also have you fill out a questionnaire on your child’s language history which will take you about 5 to 10 minutes. Yes, it’s really that simple!

How will my baby and I benefit?
    At no cost, we will do an assessment of your child’s cognitive and vocabulary development using standardized assessment instruments. Receive $20 for your child’s participation in this study. Your travel expenses to and fro the Infant Language Centre at NUS will also be reimbursed.

If this sounds interesting and simple enough, feel free to contact us! Sign up on our website at http://blog.nus.edu.sg/babytalk/enquiries. You may contact Ms. Calista Chan by email (psycjc@nus.edu.sg) or by phone at 6601 1718. If you’d like to find out more, please dont’t hesitate to contact us for more information, we will be happy to assist you.

Visit us at http://blog.nus.edu.sg/babytalk to find out more!