Forum USA

Forum of expats in the USA: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Find work in the US

Discussion in 'USA' started by charlotte1984, Aug 6, 2006.

1. charlotte1984

charlotte1984 New Member

City:
    Manchester
    Hi,
    I'm a 22yo very recent psychology graduate and my boyfriend has just graduated with a MSc in International Marketing - we're both bilingual (myself in Dutch and English, and he in Swedish and English; on top of this we both can speak German adequately, and I am quite profficient in Swedish as well, to the same level that he can converse in Norwegian and Danish - my point being, we have a fair few languages between us).
    We grew up moving around Europe, so we desperately want to avoid having to stay in the UK (it's just not us). We're currently looking for work in Manchester and will most likely have to spend a year or so working in recruitment, as there is little else available for recent graduates. We have hopes of moving to the US within a few years, does anyone know how easy it would be for us to find work (basically, are we suitable?), and any information on how we would go about looking for said work?
    Cheers
    -C