Forum Sydney

Forum of expats in Sydney: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Expat salary sydney

Discussion in 'Sydney' started by stevenm, Jun 5, 2011.

1. stevenm

stevenm New Member

City:
    Rotterdam
    Living In:
    Netherlands
    Nationality:
    Dutch (NL)
    Languages:
    Dutch, English
    Hey everyone,

My employee recently asked me to move to Sydney for a minimum min. 6 months. I was wondering if anybody could give me some insight on what a proper salary would be for this period knowing that i currently earn around €50.000 to €60.000 per year in the Netherlands.

Thanks in advance

2. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Hello and welcome on EasyExpat.

You can see our tool for a cost of living comparison between Amsterdam and Sydney.

Bear in mind that it represents roughly the cost of living there. As an expat you will have additional cost, such as the fact that if you move for 6 months only you might want to keep your accommodation in Netherlands (or at least a storage). You will rent there and probably at a higher cost than local as you will have less opportunities to find bargains. You will probably travel, go back to Netherlands... all additional costs.

Professionals in relocation packaging calculate a cost of living comparison and then will add a relocation package to cover those costs.

Best of luck in your choice, and don't forget to check out our expat guide in Sydney.