Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN WAITING TIME FOR EEA2 RESIDENCE CARD

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by STEYN9, Nov 7, 2006.

1. STEYN9

STEYN9 Member

Hi I have submitted my EEA2 form today, i would just like to know what the average waiting time is? How long have people been waiting? Does mostly take the full 6 months to process?

2. Christoff

Christoff Member

We sent our application for permanet residency (EEA4 & EEA3) end of last may still waiting HO answer.
    I call them three times the last few weeks, always the same answer "your application is with case worker, under consideration". So now we are three weeks away from the 6 month period, I hope to get an answer very soon now.

Be prepare to be very patient.
    Christoff

3. Dalieea2

Dalieea2 New Member

EEA2 application

Hi

My husband and I have submitted our application in December 2005...so far no reply...

4. STEYN9

STEYN9 Member

EU law allows the UK only 6months in which they need to give you an answer! have they given you any reason for the delay. I think that you need to contact the European Commission regarding this.

5. patriciaz

patriciaz Member

City:
    London
    I send my papers on march 2006, they took 7 1/2 months to tell me it wasn't the correct form for me, so, 3 weeks ago we send everything again, this time for EEA1 & EEA2, I got everything today :lol: unbelievably fast!!!!

6. STEYN9

STEYN9 Member

It has been 3 weeks now. I received my Certificate of Application two weeks after I submitted my application. I see that they are currently working on applications received in August... So it might take a couple of months. Any one received theirs recently? What is the timescale?

7. Christoff

Christoff Member

Sent EEA3 and EEA4 application 2 of June 2006, 6 months and 3 days now
    still waiting an answer. We didn't receive any certificat of application. I called IND twice few weeks ago they always say still under consideration!
    My sollicitor said such application can take more than 6 months to be process, he is going to write HO to chase up our applications.
    Any peolpe in the same situation?

8. STEYN9

STEYN9 Member

5 weeks and still nothing, the website states that they are still busy with the applications for August (well over a month). Anyone out there with any timescale?

9. Christoff

Christoff Member

Apparently, be prepared to wait.
    6 months and three weeks we have submited our applications (EEA3/EEA4) still no answer. Our Solicitor wrote a letter two weeks ago as well...still nothing!!!
    I have contacted the European Comminsion through Solvit, explaning our case and now they are ready to contact the IND for us to try to speed up the process.
    We are going to wait until after Christmas if we don't receive any answer we will go ahead with European Commision.
    Isn't it terrible than IND can't even stick to the rule!

10. STEYN9

STEYN9 Member

8 WEEKS!! and when I check the Home Office website they are still busy with the same month than when I submitted my papers in November... there must be some other people who are going through the same, or who has already received theirs?

11. Christoff

Christoff Member

Applied in May 2006 for EEA3/EEA4 permanent residency...still no answer...more than 7 months now!!!
    If no answer is received soon will ask Solvit to take our case.

Even with our application a more complicated than yours we still should get their answer.

-My Partner overstayed 7 years
    -We are civil partner under French law
    -linving together for more than 6 years (a lot to prove it)
    -I have treaty right because I have been working in the UK for more than 10 years

12. Christoff

Christoff Member

Still waiting for HO answer.
    Has someone had same experience for EEA applications//waiting more than 6 months now?

13. Glauco

Glauco Well-Known Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Brazilian (BR)
    Languages:
    English, Portuguese
    Hi Christoff,

You have been in the country working for 10 years, right? OK, so you have you can apply with form EEA3 (permanent residence).

Your civil partner, as I am calculating, maybe has no right to permanent residence (EEA4)...
    He was overstayer for the last 7 years? If so, then he should have applied with form EEA2 (to get the normal 5 year residence card). He could only use form EEA4 if he was living with you under EEA rules for 5 years.

I think that this is what is making a delay - right, they should not take so long to reply for your application.

If I were you, I would request my passport back and tell I need it for identification purpouses (ie: to register with GP, or to get a mortgage, etc) then they will process your visa before giving it back to you. That's how it worked with me the first time.

Now I just sent requested extension of my visa (they gave me initially 2 year visa as they used to do for civil partners of europeans before EEA 2006 regulations).

14. Christoff

Christoff Member

Hi Glaudo,

My partner has been living with me for more than five years and we are civil partner under french law (pacs) since August 2001. So I suppose EEA4(permanent residency) application was the correct one. Our solicitor sent a EEA2 application as well in case they argue the permanent residency. So we should get or permanent residency or 5 years limited stay but we are still waiting. We just want to able to live a normal life.
    I am going to send another email to our solicitor asking him what we are suppose to do next. 6 months maximum for EEA application is the rule so I will certainely ask Solvit to take our case if we don't hear anything soon from HO.
    Glaudo was your partner overstayer as well?

Christoff

15. Christoff

Christoff Member

I have been told that it would have been easier and quicker for my partner to return to brasil and apply for a EEA family permit even with his overstay history.

16. Glauco

Glauco Well-Known Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Brazilian (BR)
    Languages:
    English, Portuguese
    Hi Chris,

I am Brazilian myself. My partner is German.
    What has been the immigration status of your partner in the last few years? If you have been together since 2001 and living in the UK, why you didn't apply before for his visa as your dependent?

Anyway, give a call to your solicitor. Home Office should send your papers back immediately and with the residence card approved - as your partner has the right to it!

Hmmm, you could talk to your solicitor.
    You could do this: you could ask your passport back for identification purpouses (it doesn't withdraw application), and then they will send with the residence card!!! If they don't, then you just send it back to them!

Yes, in Brazil it would take only a few days to get the Family Permit. But it's alright now you already applied, as your partner will get a 5 year residence permit now. If he'd go to Brazil to apply, at some point he would need to send passport to Home Office anyway. And the other thing is: you applied for permanent residence - if they give it to you, then it's perfect. But if your partner would apply for a Family Permit, it would be for 6 months only, and no way to get permanent residence straight away.

17. Christoff

Christoff Member

We didn't apply for anything before because of his overstay. Civil partnership wasn't recognised in the uk and we wanted to wait and get the maximum of proves that our reliationship is genuine.
    I wasn't aware of the possiblities at the time and we werethinking of going back to France which is now out of questions.
    Thanks Clauco for your answer.
    Christoff

18. DEL1978

DEL1978 Member

still waiting...

I have applied for EEA2 at the end of November and recieved the confirmation of my application in the middle of December (basically 2 weeks). The processing time hasn't changed since I applied.

One Question - for EEA2 is the current month of processing August or September?

Just for clarification, my partner is German and I am American and currently considered common-law marriage for 4 years (I currently have an unmarried partner visa)

I hope this sorts itself out soon, we will be getting married this year and there is lots of planning to do back in the USA!

STEYN9 - Keep me posted if you get your application processed as we are only 1 month apart in processing times....

Good Luck!

19. DEL1978

DEL1978 Member

I got it!

Update:

I am an American and in a "durable relationship" with a German. We both sent in our applications for EEA1 and EEA2 at the same time (submitted 30 November 2006, arrived at the homeoffice on 01 December 2006). Previously I had a 2 year "unmarried partner" visa for the UK that I applied for and recieved in Germany.

In our application We had all relevant documents (20 document from 10 different reliable sources showing that we have lived together in a durable relationship for over 2 years - it has actually been 4 years)

Today we recieved package with confirmation that both of our applications were approved - as well as our passports and documents, etc

Total processing time: 1 month, 17 days

Whew!

20. Glauco

Glauco Well-Known Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Brazilian (BR)
    Languages:
    English, Portuguese
    Hi Del,
    Congratulations on your residence card!!! It's nice feeling that you can travel abroad again, isn't it? You can plan holidays/work, etc...

How long did you get it valid for? 5 years? Or only 3 years (as you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in 3 years).