Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Visa to Poland

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by pawel7791mo, Oct 28, 2007.

1. pawel7791mo

pawel7791mo New Member

HELLO EVERYONE.WOULD YOU LIKE TO HELP ME PLEASE?ME (POLISH CITIZEN)AND MY WIFE(NIGERIAN WITH EEA FAMILLY PERMIT 5 YEARS)WOULD LIKE TO GO TO POLAND FOR CHRISTMAS .WE ARE LIVING IN THE UK AND WE WILL GO TO POLAND BY CAR.MY QUESTION IS:DOES SHE NEED TO APPLY FOR VISA TO POLAND?OR SHE CAN GO WITH ME WITHOUT VISA IF SHE HAS GOT FAMILLY PERMIT?THANKS FOR ANY HELPFUL ANSWER.[/b]

2. ayatje87

ayatje87 Member

hi ya!

yes she still needs to apply for visa schengen visa,because uk is not with the schengen agreement!she should apply at the polish embassy!

3. pawel7791mo

pawel7791mo New Member

But Poland is not yet in Schengen zone so does she need visa to Poland if she has residental status in UK?

4. Yousafzai

Yousafzai Addicted member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu, Pashto
    Hello Pawel
    Yes your wife will need a visa for Poland and also, as you said you are going by car which means you will have to drive through Germany and Belgium ( maybe some other country too coz I am not sure ) so she will need visa for those countries too.

So to make it simple, your wife will need a visa for Poland plus a schengen visa for the countries you will have to pass through.

Visa for Poland should not be a problem for her because she is your spouse ( she should get it within a week ) even though schengen visa might take some time.

I hope this helps

Good luck

5. pawel7791mo

pawel7791mo New Member

Thanks for your answer.I have checked website of polish embassy and i found that if supose of EU citizen from not EU countries has got similar document as polish resident card granded from other EU country does not need any other visa to enter Poland.So now i dont know what i should think?

6. Yousafzai

Yousafzai Addicted member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu, Pashto
    Czesc Pawel !
    Yes what you have read is absolutely true because that is the EU law but unfortunately its only a theory ! The immigration officers at the airports ( or Border Guards in your case ) don't follow it in practice ! Secondly, I am not sure if you are aware of the fact that when it comes to matters like this ( i.e the movement rights of Non-EEA family members ) we have practically two EUs, UK & Ireland and the rest of europe !

Without going into details, I would still recommend that you get a visa for Poland for your wife which, as I said in my earlier post, will be issued within a week and also, its free so you don't have to pay for anything because you are a Polish national.

As regards other countries ( for example Germany and Belgium ) because you have to drive through to Poland, I would suggest you call their respective embassies and confirm it. Still, if I were you, I would go and apply for a schengen visa to avoid any problems during travel.
    Remember that UK is not a schengen state so a Non-EEA resident of UK cannot move around other states.

I hope this helps.

Powedzania