Forum Moving Back / Repatriation

Forum of expats Moving Back / Repatriation: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN A very good and efficient attorney

Discussion in 'Moving Back / Repatriation' started by smkelvin32, Jul 22, 2011.

1. smkelvin32

smkelvin32 New Member

City:
    Fort Lauderdale
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Hello guys:

We just obtained a certificate of marriage.

I want to get my wife's status adjusted in a timeliest manner possible as we want to travel out of the country for the honeymoon.
    Since handling k1 visa on my own did not justify saved costs I would much rather prefer to retain an attorney that specializes in fiancee visas and adjustment of status.

I have done some research. This lawyer seems to be a real authority of the subject (http://www.fianceeimmigrationlawyer.com/). However, prior to contacting him I want to ask your opinions as to the factors that I should pay attention to. I have already noticed that there are preparation services and law firms on the market and the pricing is quite similar.

My sole intention is to have my wife's paperwork processed without any potential delays. I need to find a very good and efficient attorney :)

2. bob11

bob11 New Member

Living In:
    Mexico
    Nationality:
    Mexican (MX)
    Languages:
    English
    Although I am not very well-versed on K visas and adjustment to Green Card, I believe that the K status is only valid for three months and even though you can file for AOS, it will still take between 4 to 6 months to adjudicate. If you apply for advance parole (travel permit), it usually takes 3 months to get. Sometimes you can go to your local USCIS office to get an emergency advance parole the same day, but I doubt they will issue one for a honeymoon. So I would double check with the attorney you hire before buying international plane tickets and planning any international travel.