Forum Travel

Community of expats Travel: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

VAT refund for travelers

Forum: Tourism, travel insurance, flights, train tickets, cruise, hotels, guides…: Easy Expat Travel provides a range of services and choice of companies to organise your holidays.You can discuss the different offers, the service, your feedback, give advice here.

VAT refund for travelers

Postby Finland » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:13 pm

Hello ladies and gentlemen from the other side of the world,

My name is Nguyen, living in Finland.

Currently I am doing a market research concerning Tax refund for travelers, this in cooperation with Lahti Science and Business Park, Finland.

Tax free rule: Thanks to a special regulation for international travelers, you can shop TAX FREE on the goods you have purchased during your stay in the EU.

These are the few questions I would like to have an answer for my research:

1. Are you aware of this tax free rule?
2. Have you ever used this tax refund service before and what is your experience using this service?
3. If there is a new tax refund service on the market, would you consider using their service if the tax refund is higher?

All your opinions are welcome!

Kind regards,
Nguyen

Finland

City: Lahti
Nationality: Belgium (be)
Living in: Finland
Languages: English, holland

Re: VAT refund for travelers

Postby Cyrilexpat » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:03 am

Hello,
Are you going to promote a new way of getting refund for travel-shopping?
Tax free is well known of all international travellers as they can see osters everywhere in airports. They can claim their refund of get their refund immediately depending on their plane ticket and nationality.
Take a few seconds to upload a :arrow: profile photo: it will be nicer and all your messages will have a much greater visibility 8-)
Cyrilexpat

City: London
Nationality: France (fr)
Living in: United Kingdom
Languages: Français, English, Italiano (un pó)

Re: VAT refund for travelers

Postby smith65 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:57 pm

I think some countries are now using a VAT cards, where you just run it at by, and then again when you reach your last place. In NI and Ireland in europe, only about a third of the providers used it - but it's increasing in use. It was much simpler than submitting all those foolish invoices.
pet friendly accommodation gold coast
smith65
Backpacker
Backpacker

City: Vancouver
Nationality: Canada (ca)
Living in: Canada
Languages: English