Forum Vietnam

Forum of expats in Vietnam: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Useful Tips On Getting Vietnam Visa-Rush Vietnam Visa

Discussion in 'Vietnam' started by rose_rushvietnamvisa, Aug 26, 2010.

1. rose_rushvietnamvisa

City:
    Ha Noi
    Living In:
    Vietnam
    Nationality:
    Vietnamese (VN)
    Languages:
    English, japanese
    Make sure your passport has at least 2 blank pages; the Vietnam Immigration Department requires at least two blank pages.

Make sure your passport is not going to expire for a next 6 months from the registered date. The passport expiration date must be greater than six months from the date of entry for the visa you are applying for. If your passport does not meet the requirements, you must renew your passport.

Your visa application: you really need the assistance of a good travel visa service. You will find that many of the visa applications are quite confusing. There are language usage differences that may have you scratching your head. If you are not sure,ask, do not guess, errors on forms can be costly.

Passport photographs. Go to your post office or perhaps you have a drug store or photo processing store that takes passport photographs, get them, and if you are traveling a lot get a lot of extra photos. Most often you are required to submit two passport photographs with your visa application. You may get away with only providing one, you may get away with submitting a digital you took and printed on photo paper. It is not worth the risk. Get the extra photos.

Include your travel itinerary. Some applications may require you include your travel plans as proof of entrance and exit dates. This would be the itinerary you get with your tickets or from the airline/travel agent.

Make sure you make copies of everything you send to us. This does not include your passport of course, but it is a good idea to make a copy of the first page in your passport just for your records. You will be sending your passport with your visa application and other paperwork.

Include a copy of your driver license. This is not a hard and fast rule, but just good policy. A lot of times a country may require this but neglect to mention or they may decide they want more identification information. This is a "Just in Case" preventative measure.

Do not forget the fee. If you are using a visa travel service, most likely you can simply provide your credit card number.

Finally, hire a travel visa service. These services are reasonable, quick and experienced. You do not save money doing it yourself and you certainly do not save hassle. Your travel visa service is there to help you with everything from completing forms to emergency turn-around times.

2. outnabout

outnabout New Member

Living In:
    Vietnam
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    english
  3. habep

habep Member

City:
    Hanoi
    Living In:
    Vietnam
    Nationality:
    Vietnamese (VN)
    Languages:
    Vietnamese
    Good news, thanks for share!

4. titaza

titaza New Member

Living In:
    Australia
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi,
    I am currently in Vietnam, and arrived here about 2 weeks ago on a flight from Singapore. I don't know all the possibly ways of obtaining a visa, but I can tell you what I did (i am also a US citizen).

Since I was arriving at an airport (HCMC before continuing to Hanoi), I applied for pre approval here: Vietnam visa on arrival

I went through the steps, paid the fee electronically, and received a pdf "Pre-approval list" by email which needed to be printed and presented at the airport. Once there, I presented the pre-approval letter, a passport photo, and USD cash. I think it was $25 but I can't remember for sure. They take your passport, and about 10 min later you have the visa applied on a full page. So, you do pay twice (first for pre-approval, then at the airport), but the price wasn't too bad ($18 + $25).

Hope this is useful,

5. Vietnam Visa

Vietnam Visa New Member

City:
    Hanoi
    Living In:
    Vietnam
    Nationality:
    Vietnamese (VN)
    Languages:
    Vietnamese
    $25 is stamping fee, it static fee, $18 is service fee, and I think $18 is expensive, I'm Dung from visa department. and I know best price for you.
    best regards