Forum Argentina

Forum of expats in Argentina: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Moving to Argentina : How to prepare myself with a check-list?

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by Sophopho147, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Sophopho147

Sophopho147 New Member

City:
    Barcelona
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    Spanish (ES)
    Languages:
    English and German
    Hi there!

I am new, my name is Sophia and I want to leave Spain to join my grandparents in Argentina. That's my "Little Girl" Dream since a very long time... My grandparents moved from Spain in 1941 during the Second World War and joined their parents, precisely my great-grandmother who was hit by the pulmonary tuberculosis..I rarely met them when I was a child and I don't like my lifestyle in Spain, so I decided to live...

ANYWAY! I would like to know if anyone could help me with my checklist ? I never moved from Spain and it's an international move so I don't want to forget anything when I'll be there... Any idea of a checklist that could help me to prepare my boxes, belongings, passeport ? I am bit lost :(

Thank you!

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello @Sophopho147 and welcome to EasyExpat.com

You could check our expat guide to prepare for your expatriation with confidence. Topics include: removal in Argentina, documents (visa, passport, customs), jobs, insurance for expatriates in Argentina, schools in Buenos Aires ...etc.

For example, we have an article (amongst plenty) with advice on preparing your departure to Argentina.

Best of luck and see you soon on the forum :thumbup::cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Robert_Cali

Robert_Cali New Member

City:
    Catania
    Living In:
    Italy
    Nationality:
    Italian (IT)
    Languages:
    English, Italiano
    Hello sepho :cool:

I'm robert, welcome to you on easyexpat :mrgreen:
    I moved three times in my life, i come from italy, from the south to be exact (near catania). beautiful region by the way but I didn't stay there very long... I already have moved to cambodia, norway and i live now in belgium. So i'm used to travel and travel haha!

The removal company that i contacted to move my belongings offers a free checking-list to organise your move and to avoid stress. 'think you'll need it cause you seem to be disoriented..They have a good service, i don't have very much to say about them, they are always on time and my stuff are safe! Up to you to call them or not for your travel! ;)

See ya

[MOD ACTION: Link removed as same IP address posting question and answers! :evil:]

#3 Robert_Cali, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2018
  4. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    The above message has been edited as the IP address of the person (post #1) asking the question is the same as the IP of the one responding above.

So either you think that we are completely stupid :twisted:, or you are yourself an idiot :confused:thinking that spamming forums for the sake of posting links is going to be un-noticed :think:.

Either way, hundreds of spammers are trying the same trick every year and I sometime wonder who is paying for that !...:mad::mad:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 Cyrilexpat, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018