Forum United Kingdom

Forum of expats in the United Kingdom: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Electronic signature/HMRC letters look like a copy even original

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by DeletedUser, Jun 16, 2018.

1. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

Can someone explain me the rules about electronic signature? all UK banks, institutions, HMRC issue letters/documents with electronic signature (that look like a copy), no hand written traditional signature, no stamp. SO those documents look like a copy. I came across many problems especially abroad when you take UK documents and HMRC tax residency certificates and other letters to notary foreign banks, where THEY ARE NOT ACCEPTED and treated like copies as they dont have real stamp or signature.

for an instance I took HMRC tax residency cert to a few bank and they rejected it because they treat is as a copy due to electronic copy look like signature, UK HMRC says its original, Foreign banks say it's a copy

can you someone please explain me issues about electronic signature, what to do in that situation and if any one had similar problems?

thanks

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello,
    What is usually important is not the signature but the address as those documents are proof of address where you live.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...