Forum Philippines

Community of expats Philippines: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

The Best Areas to Live in Philippines

Forum الفلبين, Philippinen, Filipinas, Philippines, Φιλιππίνες, フィリピン, Filippine, Filipijnen, Filipiny, Filipinas, Филиппины, 菲律宾, 菲律賓: الفلبين, Philippinen, Filipinas, Philippines, Φιλιππίνες, フィリピン, Filippine, Filipijnen, Filipiny, Filipinas, Филиппины, 菲律宾, 菲律賓

The Best Areas to Live in Philippines

Postby texkourgan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:37 am

It can be difficult to find the best place to live in a new city. This is even more difficult for an expat who is not familiar with the country and culture. So where is the best place to live in Philippines?

What do you look for in a neighborhood? What do different neighborhoods offer? What area would you recommend based on:
- Schools
- Transportation
- Access to shops and groceries
- Nightlife and Activities

Where do you live? What do you like about it? Are there any dangerous areas? Are some areas more affordable?

Thank you in advance for your contribution. This is a very common question for expats moving to Philippines and your help is much appreciated.
texkourgan

Back in Berlin!

City: Berlin
Nationality: United States (us)
Living in: Germany
Languages: English, a little Deutsch

Travelling to Mindanao

Postby peteblue » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:40 pm

I want to visit my Filipina girlfriend in December she lives in Manay Davao Oriental in Mindanao. I have heard that some parts of Mindanao are not safe for foreigners I was just wondering if any one knew how safe it is in Manay which is quite near Mati City. Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

peteblue
Backpacker
Backpacker

Nationality: United Kingdom (gb)
Living in: United Kingdom
Languages: English

Re: The Best Areas to Live in Philippines

Postby MarkB » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:04 am

Best places to lived at Philippines:

For sure Cebu. Its number one.
Manila had more crime. Can dangerous for foreigners.
Northern part of island Cebu and Negros. Those places are nice and safety. Especially for foreigners.
Foreigners should stay away from Mindanao. There is a conflict with ISIS and communist fighters. They killing foreigners and also Philippinian citizens.
Mindanao is beauty but too dangerous.
As I said Cebu. Great transportation, shopping malls all is close
And people are nice and friendly
MarkB
Backpacker
Backpacker

Nationality: Poland (pl)
Living in: Philippines
Languages: English

Re: The Best Areas to Live in Philippines

Postby Cyrilexpat » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:43 pm

Great! Many thanks MarkB for sharing your views :thumbup:
PS: I reformatted your message to highlight places.
Take a few seconds to upload a :arrow: profile photo: it will be nicer and all your messages will have a much greater visibility 8-)
Cyrilexpat

City: London
Nationality: France (fr)
Living in: United Kingdom
Languages: Français, English, Italiano (un pó)