Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Wife pregnant whilst on further leave to remain

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by anth27, Feb 15, 2008.

1. anth27

anth27 New Member

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had some advice for our situation.

After getting married here in the UK last year my wife was granted further leave to remain. Recently we found out my wife is pregnant but now we are worried financially as we don't have any recourse to public funds and she was unable to find permanent work here so will not have any maternity pay.
    I'm only earning 17k at present and we will still need to save for our indefinate leave to remain application for next year. We don't have savings as we were both graduates and we are already just about keeping our heads above water.
    I have struggled to find a job that actually pays a good wage and my wife could only get temp/contract work as she never received replies from permanent jobs she applied for. We had hoped to both be earning a good wage and wait a few years to save for children.
    If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated. We are already thinking about leaving the UK to work overseas where I have received better paying job offers and we can live cheaper.

2. playaprez

playaprez New Member

You have answered your own question my friend, you will not get recourse to public funds in the UK, because the ILR is for those that won't be a burden to the system and from the looks of it you have set yourself up to be exactly that.

So get your better paying job overseas like you said, and forget about the UK because it will be a lost cause for you.

Or have an abortion, make another kid another day ... :confused:

3. pathaniprincess

City:
    Buckinghamshire UK
    :eek: i cant believe what i just read!
    You can't tell his wife to have an abortion!...that is just sick!
    and just to stay in britain??? UK isnt heaven that his wife should have an abortion!