Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Visit visa for boyfriend based in another country

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by visahelp, Aug 27, 2011.

1. visahelp

visahelp New Member

City:
    glasgow
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    english
    Hello there! I am a UK citizen and have met my childhood friend more than 2 yrs ago who is currently working in the middle east. His feelings for me were rekindled and thus altogether fell in love and have future plans of being together, but not at the time being. I have been going to him for quite a few times eversince, but this Christmas and new year coming, we plan that this time, he comes and visit me. I understand that we have to fill in a VAF1A form, but may I just ask to those who has any experience or knowledge about this situation, what is the best approach we can take so that he won't be denied a visit visa here for the holidays. I know that he has to have sufficient money to show he can afford to come over, but are there any tips at all that we can use for this dilemma. Thanks very much!

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    In the FAQ section for departures, there are guides for basic types of visa.

In addition, EasyExpat's London guide can offer you information about moving to the UK for your boyfriend. This guide is currently being updated, so you may also want to look at the Edinburgh's section on visas.

If you have feedback on the guide we would love to hear it. :D Is there any information you need that is not given?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...