Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Urgent! Travelling abroad on a UK spousal visa.

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by Flyboy, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Flyboy

Flyboy Member

Hi guys, I'm a UK citizen. My partner from the USA has been here since Jan of last year - initially on a fiance visa, and then a marriage visa - we got married May of the same year, and the 2 year extension was granted weeks later.

Thing is... she's been working in a job since Aug and only last week she was approached to make a business trip to Italy for the weekend of 28-29th of Feb. Does she need to seek any permission beforehand? Or do the endorsements in her US passport her allow her to travel and return to the UK no problem?

Surely there are no entry limits now, the only ones being with the fiance visa when she was on a single entry basis.

Please advise! :(

2. 86ti

86ti Active Member

A US citizen is also a non-visa national regards to the Schengen area. For entry to Schengen the endorsments don't matter, only the US passport. On return she obviously has the necessary visa for reentry. I don't see your problem.