Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN UK citizen wanting to move back home with family from USA.

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by jjwilkie, Jan 15, 2013.

1. jjwilkie

jjwilkie New Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hello all , I'm really needing to move back home from the USA where I have resided since 2005 with my now wife (7yrs) and 2 children ( 1 stepson , severe autistic) . I have been unemployed for a while and things here are tough at the moment as we have not been able to get any help at all . What do I need to do visa wise to get my family home? I am not a scrounger by any means but I need help and cannot get any here at all. I'm hoping I can find work quickly when I get home . Please , I just need some advice on what way to go about things properly .

2. jjwilkie

jjwilkie New Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    I forgot to mention my family are all US citizens.

3. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Just to clarify, you are an UK citizen residing in the USA and your family is American?

If that is the case, the guide to London will help get you started. The UK Passport & visa section is helpful, as well our article "Obtaining a Visa to Live, Study and Work: the United Kingdom".

I would also recommend consulting the UK Visas website on Partners and Family Members (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -families/) or the nearest British Diplomatic Mission abroad.

Hopefully that helps get you started. Also search the forum for people in similar situations. Anyone have experience to share?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jjwilkie

jjwilkie New Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Thank you for your reply. Jay.