Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Uk citizen (student) bringing colombian spouse to uk(*Help*)

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by JoannaM, Mar 7, 2006.

1. JoannaM

JoannaM New Member

Hi, i have read through a lot on this site, and you have very useful advice!
    I am an english citizen i have a uk passport and colombian passport... I am planning to marry my fiance in colombia next year 2007, i will be 19 and he will be 18. by june i have to be back here in the uk as i I have been offered a place at bathspa uni. I will be applying for bursaries and a student loan. I want to apply for him to join me in the uk once we are married.

I am planning to rent out a 1 bedroom flat, in bath ( with help from my parents the loan and a part time job), would this be accepted as "suitable accomodation without help from public funds"? Or is a student loan seen as a public fund?
    we will be able to support ourselves, once he is allowed to work, and our families have agreed to help, if we need it. In the 2 year 'try out' period before being able to apply for permant residency does he have a right to any free or any help towards education here in the uk? eg: english lessons, college? or a student loan?

I have beentold me that we don't have a chance because of our age and financial situation i will be going to uni so i can't work full time (but we both would be working part time....) I haven't given up hope yet!!
    i would apreciate some advice if anyone has any
    thanks!

2. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Not necessarily,but in my opinion you would need all the help you can get from your family!You can only try.

3. JoannaM

JoannaM New Member

thanks... yes i will try! iam sure my family will help :lol: