Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN UK Citizen Marriage to non-EU Citizen Help

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by frankly, Jan 5, 2009.

1. frankly

frankly New Member

Hi,

I was hoping someone would be able to shed some light on the following, I am a UK Citizen and wish to marry a non-EU citizen (Iraqi) in Dubai where I currently reside.

I want to know what rights if any would my wife have to visit/travel to the UK/EU, and what is the procedure that we should follow and if she would be able to claim citizenship based on our marriage in the long run (3-4 years down the line).

I am confused with all the spouse visa/fiance visa as I have heard that I would need to be living in the UK in order for her to be allowed it.

My family own several properties in the UK and can easily prove financial competence in terms of supporting my wife and myself, but the precise details of the information required is again confusing!

If someone can please help me id REALLY appreciate it,

Thanks a lot,

2. manojverma

manojverma New Member

happy marriage

Hello Friend

If its a genuine marriage dont worry about anything.Regarding movement marriage is the best and easiest ways to get to other country.

As you sa y you are in dubai you get maaried to your girfriend in dubai.Uk embassy in dubai will register your marriage and will telkl you to submit documents of your wife .once submiited she will eb entiteled for immigration visa.

once in uk after 2 years she can apply for permanent residence permit if she is still married to you if divorced she will ahve to retutn back

Documents required by embassy of uk in dubai would be

1 your all details passport , proof in london etc.

2 Marriage certifiacate.

3 passport of your wife, noc (no objection certficates of parents of the girl)

4 unmarrried certificate fo your wife or divorced issued by ministry of external affairs in iraq.

The above documents are the main required

step by step guidance

1 you are confused as fiancee visa i required to get your girlfriend to uk than gettin married.it would be difficult. get maaried in dubai.get aal her documents from iraq and aaply wih aall the documents mentioned above in embassy of uk in dubai.

if u face difficiulty hire an immigration lawer in dubai

happy marriage

3. johnmoloney41

johnmoloney41 New Member

City:
    Denmark
    UK Citizen married to Non-UK Citizen

I don't think you have a problem - relax! Your fiancee/wife will need to apply for a Visa at the British Embassy in Dubai (http://ukinuae.fco.gov.uk/en/visas/). That wil be valid for 2 years at the end of which if you are still happily married she should get a permanent visa. The UK websites on these things are really pretty good. if you look at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/eligibility/partnersandchildren/husbandwifecivilpartner/ it gives you more information. They also have a helpline, as does he consular section at the Embassy in Dubai.

Good luck!