Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Travelling with the Certificate of Application EEA Residence

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by colombianexpatuk, Aug 25, 2012.

1. colombianexpatuk

colombianexpatuk New Member

City:
    LONDON
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Colombian (CO)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish
    Hello

I just wonder if anyone has the same sort of situation as me. I’m currently living in the UK and applying for Residence Card as family member of an EEA citizen.

I just sent the application and I’m waiting for the answer but I am sure it would be fine as we are married and the application is very strong.

I found a job in London that implies a lot of travelling to Asia. I just wonder if with the Certificate of Application which I reckon is for 6 months would be enough to travel. I am going to countries where I don’t need visa to enter but the problem would be leaving the country once I am coming back to UK as I won’t provide a visa on my passport but just a letter from UKBA “Certificate of Application”.

I would love to take this job but travelling is a must and I am afraid since the application is taking up to 6 months I will have to travel using my Certificate of Application until I get my residence card.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated

Thank You

2. ladyjulian

ladyjulian Active Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    I really wouldn't! If you leave the UK while you have an application pending it is deemed to be abandoned, i.e. cancelled!