Forum Spain

Forum of expats in Spain: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Spanish Citizenship Application Question

Discussion in 'Spain' started by chippo, Jan 12, 2013.

1. chippo

chippo Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi All,

Just a quick question? I am an Australian citizen, and I am married to a Spanish citizen and my Spanish citizenship application is underway. I have already been for my interview and submitted a few documents.

At the time of the interview, I was a student and the person conducting the interview said that I need to bring in some proof of this. Now, I have since graduated and I am working as a freelancer and mostly earning money without contracts.

I would like to know what I could submit to explain my status. I have submitted certification that my parent's are able to support me financially, but I don't have anything clear.

Thanks for your help.

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    The best place to start is with our Guides to Spain. For example, the section on Passport, Visa & Permits for Barcelona addresses information on citizenship. It appears you fit the standard of

The Ministerio de Justicia administers the system.

This just covers the basics, but gives a great overview. Maybe someone else has experience? Check expat blogs in Spain, search the forum, and hopefully someone can share their experience here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...