Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Seeking advise to stay in the UK

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by madclckr, Oct 8, 2010.

1. madclckr

madclckr New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Tanzanian (TZ)
    Languages:
    English,Swahili
    Hello all,

I am seeking advise as to what I need to do to resolve my current critical situation I am in.

I entered the UK on a Student Visa in 1999 from Tanzania at the age of 23 and have remained in the country ever since.

I joined a University in 2003 and attained a BA (Hons) in Computer Graphics/Animation in 2006

My Student Visa expired in 2003 and I have been living without legal status/papers up to now.

I have been working for a very reputable Company since 2001 up to date.

I have NEVER lied about my resident status, my name or my Nationality, It just happened that I was NEVER asked to present my papers when I applied for my University degree and also my job.

I have not been convicted of any crime and have been paying my taxes as needed.

I met a love of my life, a Hungarian national (EU member) in 2007 and we have been living together ever since.

I am the main earner and supporting my partner during her studies (second year University student)

I am at the point where I need to propose and get married this lady and also sort out my residence status without being deported, I do not know if we will be able to marry as my papers are not in order.

I am confused and terrified and would like to work in the field I love the most (Art) and fulfil my dreams of being an successful artist.

I would appreciate any advice given from you folks

Thanks in advance

2. Yousafzai

Yousafzai Addicted member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu, Pashto
    You have knowingly or unknowingly screwed up your immigration history. You have been studying in a university without having a visa for the full term of your course and have been working without the right to work. Whether you lied about your status or not, whether you were asked for documents or not, doesn't change a thing because you have been in breach of law and you are bound for deportation, if arrested.

Neither are you entitled to get married in registrar office because you need to be legally resident in UK for that. The only option you can try will be to get married in Church of England even though practically it has become almost impossible.

If you are sincere about straightening up the things, I would suggest you go back to your home country, get married there with your EU partner and then apply for entry clearence under EU law i.e. EEA Family Permit. Thats the harder way but in your case, there is no easy way and you have no one to blame but yourself.

Alternatively you can consult a qualified solicitor and seek professional advice even though the chances would be slim.

Good luck