Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Re-entry to Poland with Karta Pobytu from India

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by nimosity, Nov 14, 2011.

1. nimosity

nimosity New Member

Living In:
    Poland
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English
    I am currently residing in Poland with a valid Karta Pobytu and my schengen visa has long expired. I have plans to visit India for a short trip and return back to Poland. My concern is the only valid visa document I have will be the Karta Pobytu.

Has anyone has any problems getting through friendly Mumbai customs when returning back to schengen zone? I am not sure that this card (which is in Polish) is an internationally accepted document.

Do i need to bring anything else? Work contract copy?

Thank you.

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Looking over the information concerning the Karta Pobytu, I see that it should work as a 3 month tourist visa in other EU countries, but am having trouble seeing how it is accepted outside of the EU. :confused:

This article, http://www.eures.praca.gov.pl/en/index. ... Itemid=110, covers some of the basics of acquiring the visa and what that means & may be of some help. Anyone else have experiences to share or information?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nimosity

nimosity New Member

Living In:
    Poland
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English
    Quick update.

The Mumbai customs were aware of what a Karta Pobytu was, so as long as your passport is valid and card not expired, no problems.

Hope this helps others in the future, and remember...always be nice to customs officers :)

4. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Good to see that it worked well (it must be difficult for customs officers though as they have to deal with so many different documents formats and forms...).
    I hope that you enjoyed India and also happy to be back in (cold) Poland ;-)