Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Question about EEA Partner/Fiancee Visa

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by epicpj, Jan 24, 2012.

1. epicpj

epicpj New Member

Living In:
    Argentina
    Nationality:
    Argentine (AR)
    Languages:
    Spanish, English,
    Hello there,

This is my first post even I have been reading the site quite a lot.
    I'm from Argentina with EEA (Italian) citizenship and my fiancee is also Argentinian but with no EEA nationality.

We are planning to move and emigrate to London to continue our lives over there after the olympics, we have been living together for almost 2 years now.

The idea was to try to get the partner visa, currently I work on the IT Industry on Argentina with several experience (I work on IBM as security manager).
    She just got her Literacy degree and plan to take a semester of an English course to prepare the IELTS and then go for a MA on Literacy & Poetry.

So what I read is that I need to be working on the UK and -then- ask for a partner visa?
    Can't I prove that we are together for enough time and have enough money to support each others for a couple of months until I get a job there? (I will stay at a friend's house that is living there for 7 years)

Because maybe I can travel first alone and get a job and then ask for her visa but I don't know if that's possible.

Other option that I saw is to ask first a Student visa for 6 Months so she can do her English course with an authorized UK Council partner.

What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance for all your help over here!

Luke

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello-
    We are glad you have been enjoying EasyExpat! In answer to your question, it appears that a UK Fiance Visa it does appear you would need to be a permanent resident before applying. Perhaps an EU Family Permit (Unmarried) would suit your situation.

Consider consulting your nearest consulate for information about your options. EasyExpat's guide to Buenos Aires includes a section on consulates.

Best of luck and let us know what option you decide to take.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...