Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Please advise for EEA2 under self sufficient category ?

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by vivekb, Dec 2, 2010.

1. vivekb

vivekb Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    english
    Hi All
    I am an Australian, currently working in a Investment Bank in London under FMRS, my wife being from Slovakia. My visa ( FMRS ) is going to expire in mid Feb 2011.
    My wife is not working but i have been working with decent earnings since i got the visa ( kast year March).
    We have 2 kids and we have comprehensive insurance for family. We do not have enough bank balance to show, although i earn good and the income flow is continuous.
    Guys i need advise, how and which forms do me / my wife have to fill for my extension ? I have read that we have to file EEA2 with my wife as the primary applicant under Self Sufficient category . Please let us know and also would be great to know the documents needed
    Thanks very much

2. Yousafzai

Yousafzai Addicted member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu, Pashto
    You can get the EEA2 form from UKBA website. It also enlists the supporting documents required.

Good luck

3. joneeboy74

joneeboy74 Well-Known Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Irish (IE)
    Languages:
    english,french
    It is you that has to apply, not your wife. Form EEA2 which can be downloaded from the Border Agency website together with the guidance notes is self-explanatory.Neither of you can apply on the grounds of self-sufficiency unless you are indepentently and subsytatially wealthy, which you say you are not. You simply apply as the non=EU/EAA spouse of an EU/EAA citizen who is already present inthe UK. For you it will be a simple process.You should not apply in advance of more than 28 days before your present permission expires, and your present permission will automatically be deemed as extended until a decision is made on your application.Normal appliactions don't take long. Lengthy cases on here nearly all seem to involve those who have not provided the correct information, those who have made the wrong information, or those whose applications will fail because they are not entitled, or because they have attempted to deceive.
    Good luck to you.