Forum Immigration France

Forum of expats in Immigration France: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN On a student Visa to marry a french citizen.

Discussion in 'Immigration France' started by mkaliel, Oct 25, 2005.

1. mkaliel

mkaliel New Member

I am Brazilian with a Student Visa my girl friend is FRENCH, whom am intending to marry and stay together with in the UK. She was working before but recently stopped, due to medical grounds she could work if she choose to. but she decided not to work.

She has some saving and could present a statement showing a reasonable amount of money in her account.

Although am currently a student and not working, i had done some businesses in the past and also have some savings in my account.

My question is: in our stuation, can we get married and apply to the home office for a stay and for how long will the stay be if granted. Could i pursue a british or a french citizenship and when.

Any help and advice is most appreciated.