Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN New, Yet More Questions About Polish Citizenship

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by ashfad, Jul 17, 2013.

1. ashfad

ashfad New Member

City:
    Pittsburgh
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    English, Deutsch
    Hey all,

I'm new to this, but I had a few questions I was hoping I could get answers to...

Someone recently told me that if I am fully Polish on both sides, I can obtain my Polish citizenship--not sure how true that is, but if anyone can provide information on this, that would be great!

My dad's father and my mother's parents came from Poland in the 1880s, but my dad's mother came from Poland in 1929, and I have her Polish passport.

Any help/information on the situation would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Thanks for visiting the forum. The immigration thread for Polish immigration is quite active so hopefully you are able to find some helpful info here - be sure to look around!

Also a quick clarifying questions - do your parents hold Polish citizenship? Or just your grandparents have Polish citizenship?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...