Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN My wife has a karta pobytu, can she work?

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by Rainer29, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Rainer29

Rainer29 New Member

City:
    Bydgoszcz
    Living In:
    Poland
    Nationality:
    Brazilian (BR)
    Languages:
    Portuguese
    We are both from Brazil and I came to work with a working visa.
    My wife got her resident card and we asked at the local wojewoda if she could work in Poland and the answer was yes.
    Today she was in the final stage of a hiring process and without even looking at the letters she received from wojewoda they said she couldn't work.( they seem clueless as immigration is something new)
    They assumed only based at her residence card which only have expiry date.
    So we then showed them the papers we got and still they said didn't mention work so we went back to wojewoda and the same guy that good us that my wife could work said his time she couldn't because the working article in the decisja letter wasn't there.

Does anyone have been through these and can help?

Back In Brazil I also asked the consul which said he didn't know if my wife would be able to work and told us to ask once in the country. It is too contradicting.
    I hope someone has an I sight on this of a lawyer to Recommend

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    I moved your question to the Poland - Immigration forum as it is quite active and hopefully someone will be able to help guide you to an answer.

You may try contacting other expats in Poland through the network or Brazilians in Poland.

Hope someone can help - best of luck! :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...