Forum Spain

Forum of expats in Spain: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Movin to Spain with 6month old baby HELP!!

Discussion in 'Spain' started by k8i_guapa1, Nov 25, 2006.

1. k8i_guapa1

k8i_guapa1 New Member

Hiya every1, I'm pregnant with my first baby. I was living in Spain for 5 years, then decided to come back to UK for the birth and to get benefits that i'm entitled to. But I want to go back to Spain in about 6months after the birth, I need advice on innoculations and any other info. Is there a specific website i could visit? Any help would be very appreciated XX

2. lgault

lgault Member

City:
    Madrid, Spain
    hi there -
    I actually had a baby in Spain, and the health care is great for babies. The best and easiest way about it is to use the National Health Care. You just have to get a card for your baby - go to the Centro de Salud in your neighborhood and they can tell you where to go to the the card. Once you have the card, you an go to your Centro de Salud and ask for an appt. with a pediatrician. From then on, he/she will be your standard pediatrician plus you will also get a nurse assigned to you (for vaccinations). All medical care is covered and free. It's all very easy and we were really happy with our pediatrician. (Unfortunately we are now living in Greece where things are very different and not nearly as good).
    Hope that helps -
    Lindsay