Forum United Kingdom

Forum of expats in the United Kingdom: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Marriage Information !

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by anup580, Sep 30, 2010.

1. anup580

anup580 New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English, hindi
    Hello
    I'm an Indian, Here in the UK on PSW visa. My visa expires in early 2012. I am going to marry a EU citizen here in the UK. Could you please tell me, What are my requirements for the marriage , What all documents i need ? and who do i consult for the marriage, Is it a registrar office or something ? I have got no idea at all. Please help me.
    One more question. The girl just completed 20, Will that be okay ?

Thank You.

2. Ecrivaine

Ecrivaine Active Member

City:
    Chicago
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, un peu de Français
    You should consult with the embassy in the UK to get answers to your questions. However, I believe your girlfriend is old enough to legally get married. I am assuming you are also of legal age. In the meantime, I have posted a link to the EasyExpat guide to London where you can find general information on visas, etc. Good luck. http://www.easyexpat.com/en/guides/united-kingdom/london.htm

3. claypearn

claypearn New Member

City:
    Toronto
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    English
    Hey there,

Take a look at the UK visa bureau website (http://www.visabureau.com/uk/marriage-visa.aspx). I got this info from there:

Applicants who have been in the marital relationship for less than 4 years will be given a 2 year visa to live and work in the UK, after which, if the relationship is still in place, they could apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).
    Applicants who have been married and lived together for 4 years or more with their sponsor outside the UK before applying to enter on a marriage visa, may be granted Indefinite Leave to Remain straight away.

They also have a free online visa assessment. If you've got the money you could also get a visa representative.