Forum Ireland

Forum of expats in Ireland: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Invitation letter for Ireland

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by groebben, Mar 8, 2007.

1. groebben

groebben New Member

Hi,

my name is Roman, I'm a Belgium citicen and living right now in Ireland.

I have a friend in Bolivia who want to visit me but I heared that he need a official invitation letter from me.

I already called a "commissioner of oaths" here in Dublin, who can do this for me but he will charge 300(!!!!!) Euros for this one letter.

Is there a cheaper way to get this letter because it's a lot of money for only one letter.

I would be glad if you could help me (perhaps with some adresses or something like this) in this issue. I really don't have experience in this cases and would be happy about every help.

Thanks a lot

2. sujakeul

sujakeul New Member

Hallo Roman,

I've accidently bumped into this forum and read your post, while I was searching for something very similar. Cos, I'm an Indian living in Germany and wanna visit Ireland during the first week of May for a week and I was asking my brother, who lives there, to send an invitation letter. But he didn't know the details for preparing an invitation letter. So I've googled a little bit and found this website where they have explained about what are the details the Invitation letter should contain. So here's the link to that site:
    http://www.embassyofireland.cn/Ireland/ ... hp#Writing
    But I'll also copy & Paste the details here for you, in case if the link doesn't work

Best regards
    Suja

WRITING A LETTER OF INVITATION
    If you are living in Ireland and you wish to invite someone to visit you, you must write a letter of invitation.

The letter should contain the following information:

1. If the applicant is not related to you then please state briefly how the applicant is known to you including details of when, where and how often you have met. This should be supported with copies of your passport showing evidence that you have visited China .
    2. Give details of any time the applicant has visited you before.
    3. Please state briefly what you understand to be the applicant's purpose of journey to Ireland and the duration of stay.
    4. Will the applicant be staying with you for the duration of stay?
    5. Will you be supporting the applicant financially?
    6. Are you satisfied that you have the sufficient financial resources to support the applicant if the need arises?
    7. Contact details for you in Ireland

Other documents which you should supply:

1. A copy of the bio-page of your passport if you are an Irish national or an EU national
    2. If you are not an Irish / EU national please supply evidence of your current status in the State in the form of a full copy of your passport, Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) registration card and current work permit, if applicable.
    3. Documentary evidence to show that the applicant is related to you
    4. Copy of marriage certificate
    5. Evidence of application for permission to marry from Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages if applicable
    6. Names of all dependents (including non-relatives) currently residing in the State whom you are financially responsible for

Send your letter to the person you are inviting to Ireland , they must then submit the letter with their visa application.

3. groebben

groebben New Member

Hi,

thanks for the respond. I got some informations as well and I will write what I have, so other persons who will have the same problem in the future have an idea what to do...

Well, first off all: on the hompage for foreign affairs (http://foreignaffairs.gov.ie/home/index.aspx) from Ireland they are having a list for every Nation, if the citicens need Visas or not. In my case, Bolivians doesn't need visas for Ireland when they come over for a maximum stay of 3 month.

You have to take care with the new "Schengen-laws". Right now, Europa (exept Ireland and GB) have really strong laws for (or better: "against"...) foreigners. But it is still posible to change the airplane without a Schengen-Visa (NOT in Spain, but in the other countrys) but I think this will change soon as well.

Official they doesn't need anything (exept ther passport and a return ticket) to entrance to Ireland, but because "the last word" is by the officer on the border, I would recomment you to write an inofficial invitation letter with all the information who are written before.

I went to my embrassy (from Beglium) and confirmed my signatur in the invitation letter as well. You don't need this, but it's always better to be on the safe side, isn't it?

Next to the invitation letter it's always better when the friends/visitors are having a lot of documents with them (a copy of the passport from the invider, a proof of living, a proof of work).

And that's it. I hope I could help all of you who have the same problems. I know now how dificult it is to find all the information about entrance in Europe...

Greets

Roman