Forum Immigration USA

Community of expats Immigration USA: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

Stay connected

✎ EN I want to leave France

Discussion in 'Immigration USA' started by Framboise, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Framboise

Framboise New Member

City:
    Strasbourg
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    French, english
    Hello everyone,

I am a french 27 years old girl. My american boyfriend and I are currently living in France. I would like to move in the US for a while, because I fell in love with the country as well as with my boyfriend, haha, and I would like to experiment the life there because I feel like I need change in my current life, and before settling down, I need to see something else than the place where I live since I'm born.

I am currently working in Switzerland as an administrative assistant, where 80% of my work is in english. I have a professional license in Information, Ressources and Databases option Management and Documentary Treatment of Iconographic Funds, but I don't feel like I am really specialized, but for a job I would do anything, as soon as it makes me happy and bring money on my bank account every week. I don't know what to do, to get a job in the US - don't get me wrong, I know it will be difficult and take time, but I am willing to try.

Is it very difficult to find a employer willing to sponsorize my visa?
    Should I study for 1 year to specialize me more?
    Should I just try to apply for jobs even if it's not what I studied for?
    Should I just wait and get married to my boyfriend in a few years?

Thank you in advance for your help.