Forum United Kingdom

Forum of expats in the United Kingdom: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Hello... urgent help needed

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by chiao2, Jul 19, 2012.

1. chiao2

chiao2 Member

Living In:
    Hungary
    Nationality:
    Nigerien (NG)
    Languages:
    English
    I need an urgent help in getting to know about the Family permit... how to get it from the British Embassy, I am a non EEA family member but my wife is an EEA member also we are both intending to move to the UK to live and work. I will like to know on how to get about it, the procedures and requirements that will needed to have the family permit to the UK along with my wife, also once I have been granted, will it be possible to work during my duration period of stay, thirdly... when can I process for the residence permit in the UK and getting a solicitor is it suitable or is an easy thing to do for myself while applying. any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. chiao2

chiao2 Member

Living In:
    Hungary
    Nationality:
    Nigerien (NG)
    Languages:
    English
    Thanks I checked out the link and it was helpful... I would like to know does it take longer time for the process of the EEA family permit to be granted by the British Embassy also would it be easy to change it in the UK to have a permanent residence... I will appreciate your kind respond and looking forward to it.. if you have any other useful things that be helpful... I will really appreciate it...

Thanks..

4. ladyjulian

ladyjulian Active Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    It depends which embassy you go to. It's usually no more than 3 weeks. Once you're in the UK you're entitled to work, and if you are in the UK in accordance with the Regulations* for five years then you can get permanent residence.

* This means that your wife, as the EEA member, must be working or self sufficient.

5. chiao2

chiao2 Member

Living In:
    Hungary
    Nationality:
    Nigerien (NG)
    Languages:
    English
    Ladyjulian,

Thanks for your response I understand it fully... Thanks so much :)