Forum Belgium

Forum of expats in Belgium: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Getting Married to Belgian Citizen

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by mrlmichael, Mar 17, 2010.

1. mrlmichael

mrlmichael New Member

City:
    Jackson
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Hello,

i am an american citizen living in the state of michigan. I just got done with a tour of duty in the united states army. While in the army i was stationed in germany. I was introduced by a mutual friend to belgian girl. We dated for awhile why i was stationed in germany and i asked her to marry me. We are now engaged and plan to get married this summer, however my time in the army is now over and i am back in the united states, and she is in belgium. I want to move to belgium this summer, and live with her, and get married. After we get married, i want to stay in belgium and reside there with her. So i just have some questions:

1. What do i need to do before i leave for belgium while i am here in the united states?

2. What paperwork do i need to gather together while i am here?

3. What do we need to do once i arrive in belgium?

4. What do we need to do to get married?

5. What do we need to do once we have the wedding in order for me to stay there with her?

Any information anyone could give me would be very useful. I am just trying to move and live with my belgian wife! ;)