Forum Immigration France

Forum of expats in Immigration France: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Getting married in Paris - help!!! Anyone!!!!!

Discussion in 'Immigration France' started by tkesmith, Jul 24, 2006.

1. tkesmith

tkesmith New Member

City:
    uk
    Hi, if i'm going over old ground then i'm sorry, but i have tried searching the forums and cant quite find an answer specific to my circumstance.

My partner and I (both british) have decided to get married in Paris next august (07).
    Now i discover that France have the longest residency rules ever, and that one of us would need to be in the country for 40 days before we could be married there.

We are pretty adamant that we want to be married there, and if need be would take the registry option route here, then have a blessing in Paris.
    That however is a last resort and i'm wondering is there any way around the residency?

Another little piece of information is that her father lives in Poitier (west central france), and has done for a number of years. Is there any way that the residency could be tied in to him???? Yes i am clutching at straws!!!

Not overly concered about it having to be a church wedding however it would be preferable though.

People are getting married in Paris all the time..........just unfortunately i dont know anyone who has to ask them how they did it!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, can anyone reccomend a company to go through?

I know, i dont want a lot! :lol:

2. alabama

alabama Well-Known Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    I tried getting married in Paris, I have French nationality. I lived there for over a year in 2003-4 and my family also come from and live there at the moment. I got a refusal - was told I needed to have lived there for the required period and then to add on a couple of months for the paperwork to be processed. Also the banns are published for three weeks I think, so you're talking about at least a four-five month stay to deal with admin before getting married. Of course, you can get married in the UK and have a Church ceremony in Paris if you find a nice priest - keeping the civil and religious elements separate, it's the civil that'll give you problems in France. I do recall someone on this forum saying it's all about who you get at the Mairie to deal with, but in my experience this is not the case. Good luck with your plans!