Forum USA

Forum of expats in the USA: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Getting a B2 after 2 rejections

Discussion in 'USA' started by Oddity, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Oddity

Oddity New Member

I got 2 rejections for tourist visa for US about 7 years ago in my homecountry Ecuador because of lack of ties.

Right now I am a permanent resident in Montreal, Canada, I arrived about 6 months ago. I got a nice job as accountant almost immediately and I am about to enroll in the university to become chartered accountant.

My question is how hard would it be for me to get a tourist visa now. Should I wait> Do you think they will reject it? I am pressed to get one cause I have to travel to Ecuador through the States (I have a transit visa till February but my trip will be in December so I cannot argue this right now). I also want to visit a friend who cannot come to visit me in Canada a cause of a denied entry.

I dont have much money in the bank. How much do you think would be good to present as proof of enough dough to make a short trip? Geez. This is visa deal is a nightmare.

2. andrewadam

andrewadam New Member

am new to this site. Can you explain the procedure how you got through after two times rejection in the home country about the visa?

andrewadam