Forum Moving Back / Repatriation

Forum of expats Moving Back / Repatriation: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN French moving back to France with Brit partner. What to do?

Discussion in 'Moving Back / Repatriation' started by purplegirl25, Oct 12, 2005.

1. purplegirl25

purplegirl25 New Member

Hello there,
    I am new to the forum and i really hope that someone out there can help us.

I have been living near Manchester for more than 6 years. I am now a full time Mum and as a family, we are planning in moving to France in the near future.
    I have lots of questions that need answering as I don't seem to find any answer from Social Security.

What are the forms to fill in/ to get before we leave the Uk?
    What will be our rights once in France?
    I have read that the work I have done in England do not count in France, but that it could if I do work for at least one day in France. Is that right?

I am just back from France and I found it extremely difficult (even though I am French!) to find any help from C.A.F, ANPE as I was not considered as French resident yet.
    I was just told that we could get RMI to start with, even though we were still living in England. Could someone confirm it?

Also I was wondering if electrical appliances such as cooker,fridge,washer would work in France even though the plug is different?

I am really looking forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks a lot.

Purplegirl25

2. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Re: French moving back to France with Brit partner. What to

For repatriation, you will find more information on our articles about UK in French.

The rule of 1 day in France in order to have your unemployment allowance is due to the fact that the EU country that is paying the unemployment benefits is the country where you worked last (if you use E301). If you do not work a minimum in France, you can claim the JSA paid by the UK (E303)... but it is more or less the same amount as the RMI.

You could get the RMI from France while you are still being resident in UK? I don't think so... :AieAieAie:

Yes, electrical appliance will work in France. However you might have a problem with your TV as this is not using the same system as in France. However usually all modern TV can do multiple different standards.

3. purplegirl25

purplegirl25 New Member

HELLO AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY,

TO SAVE TIME FOR PEOPLE WANTING TO LEAVE THE UK, DON'T BOTHER GOING TO SOCIAL SECURITY,THEY ARE AS USELESS AS THE ONES IN FRANCE!
    CALL INLAND REVENUE STRAIGHTAWAY, THEY WILL SEND OUT THE FORMS YOU NEED.

P60s ? Where can I get a copy of mine (did not receive them all, probably as I moved address quite a lot at the beginning of my stay in England) INLAND REVENUE (who I tought were dealing with that) told me they could not help.
    Are P60s a really important piece of paper to have? Can you not have the information through National Insurance Number?

Thanks a lot.

4. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Your P60 is necessary to pay your tax at the end of the tax year in the UK. You can download it from the Inland Revenue website I think.