Forum Spain

Forum of expats in Spain: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Fees for selling property in Spain

Discussion in 'Spain' started by mellsbells, Mar 12, 2007.

1. mellsbells

mellsbells New Member

Hi, my father-in-law and mother-in-law moved to Spain in 2005. My father-in-law died last year, and my mother-in-law is now selling her property in Spain and moving back to the UK. We have a buyer in the UK who has seen the property and is keen to buy, but the solicitor fees we have been quoted seem excessive (3% of selling price), plus other fees, taxes etc. Given that the buyer is probably going to use the same solicitor, they will presumably also pay the solicitor a % of the purchase price? Can anyone confirm if this is usual, or what sort of fees we should be paying for selling a property (value around 115,000 Euros). Many thanks.

2. techogeek

techogeek New Member

Your initial advisory meeting with the Spanish solicitor is free. Most Spanish lawyers fees are all based on the same formula, i.e. between 1 % and 1.5% of the value of the property, depending upon the complexity of the transaction. In exceptionally complex transactions, you will be informed in advance of engagement, which will allow you to take a second opinion before you part with any fees.

Costa Blanca estate agent offers spanish property for sale from apartments to villas new builds and resales.
    Spanish property for sale