Forum Spain

Forum of expats in Spain: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Eu Citizenship

Discussion in 'Spain' started by RAGO2010, Aug 4, 2010.

1. RAGO2010

RAGO2010 Member

City:
    Santiago de los caballeros
    Living In:
    Dominican Republic
    Nationality:
    Dominican Rep (DO)
    Languages:
    ENGLISH AND SPANISH
    Hi i am looking to learn how long will it take normally to receive my EU Citizenship?
    I will i have my first tarjeta in Spain and going now for my second but i am getting married to EU Citizen in Spain in which i have been living for the past 5 year going on 6.
    I what amount of time can I i expect to receive my EU Citizen ship as well being married to an EU citizen and i weight of all my time in Spain already I work legally.
    thank you

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    All EU countries typically classify citizens in four categories and rank them accordingly:

1. Citizens born in the country;
    2. repatriated citizens from abroad;
    3. EU citizens from another country;
    4. non-EU citizens — nationality is unimportant; it doesn’t matter if you’re American, Australian, Asian, South American, Albanian or Canadian.

Marrying for EU citizenship: Citizenship is not transferable, therefore marrying an EU citizen for citizenship isn’t that simple in any country. It may or may not shorten the waiting time necessary, and it still involves a length of legal residency inside one country, sometimes a child, speaking the native language, and always requires going through the formal naturalization process.

For Spain's process- check out http://leymemoria.mjusticia.es/paginas/ ... entes.html

Good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...