Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN EEA2 Application - Should I try to resubmit?

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by calgary72, Jan 23, 2008.

1. calgary72

calgary72 Member

Hello,

I really wish I had seen this forum before for it's helpful information.

I'm a Canadian married to a Norwegian who is working in the UK. My application was originally sent in November 1st, 2007. I recalled our passports shortly after for a trip and then returned the passports only yesterday. Is it correct to assume I didn't lose my space in the queue?

After reading some of the posts I wonder if it's quicker to recall my application and resubmit a joint EEA1/EEA2 application with my husband. They are currently working on September applications for EEA2 applications. I believe it's only a 1 - 1 1/2 month wait for EEA1s.

Any advice? Thanks in advance! :D

2. thsths

thsths Addicted member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    Deutsch, English
    No, you did not. The Home Office is required by law to process your application within 6 months, but you are not required to leave your passport with them for 6 months. Basically you application is still sitting in the queue, even if you requested your passport back.

However, I would be worried whether your passports made it back to your application. Did you get a reference number? Or a special envelop for your passport? We never received one for our applications.

3. calgary72

calgary72 Member

From what I understand they use the Special Delivery/Recorded Delivery reference number for the application.

I noted the initial reference number and my information in a letter accompanying the passports. This was what I was told to do by them. BUT I will give them a call to see that my passports are with my application.

I was thinking of recalling the application altogether to do a joint EEA1/EEA2 submission. However, now I'm thinking that it would take the same time.

In hindsight, what I should have done was send in a joint application to begin with. We just didn't bother since my husband doesn't need to have one. :evil: