Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN EEA Polish married with non-EEA Colombian need Help

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by DiegoA, Sep 20, 2006.

1. DiegoA

DiegoA New Member

Hello everyone

We are couple who wants to go to U.K. we have been together for almost two years.Currently we live in Colombia where also we got married.Next year we are planning to go to U.K.We read a lot of information about Family Permit but we are still confused and have a lot of questions.
    First that all my wife(Polish) is not resident of U.K. and being in Colombia we don't Know if we can travel to U.K. together or she must go first and get job there because we read she needs be registered on WRS.

One more we want to know if someone else like my father can support us as our sponsor cos we know the officials don't want the people ask for Benefits(we're not gonna apply for it!!) :p

any futher explenation about this subjects we'll appreciate very much.
    many thanks...

2. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
  3. DiegoA

DiegoA New Member

Many thanks triple H for your information.

Again could you give us any advice about the sponsor if someone else can be than both of us??? e.g. my father??

Many thanks for your time...

4. mona

mona New Member

To everyone
    Many thank's for those very value advices.

We want to tell you that we got the eea Family permit finally and if someone need any advice about how is the interview in British Embassy in Colombia we'll be waiting for your post the enquiry. :p .

5. anand

anand Member

Question

Hi there,

My girlfriend and I are planning to marry soon here in Paris. I am an Indian and I dont speak french. Hence the best we decided is to move to UK.

Now according to the EEA permit, is it possible be to obtain one before she moves with me to the UK. This is because, professionally it would be easier for me than her to find work.

Or is it that she has to be there before and then invite me.

One thing we were thinking is to go back to India and apply it together from there, but as i dont know a great deal about it could you please comment and give us some good advise what would be better.

By the way I am here on a tourist permit hence cannot apply from Paris.

Eagerly awaiting your response