Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Ecuadorian marrying British NO intention to stay in UK

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by gabrielagarciag, Dec 21, 2012.

1. gabrielagarciag

gabrielagarciag New Member

City:
    Guayaquil
    Living In:
    Ecuador
    Nationality:
    Ecuadorian (EC)
    Languages:
    spanish english french mandarin
    I need your help, Im ecuadorian 21 year old lawyer and my fiance is british 26 year old living in my country. We have been living together for a year and Im engaged since January 2012. Ive won an Ecuadorian Governments Scholarship for a full Masters Degree, I chose Scotland to study there for a year since my fiance misses his family so I thought why not doing both. The problem is that i have to come back to Ecuador as soon as my scholarship is finished, we have our wedding plans already done, the hotel booked and his family´s tickets for the wedding to come to Ecuador in April 2013. I want to know if while we are in Scotland (We leave to SCO for my scholarhship around September 2013 for a year) we can get married in his parish without a spouse visa, only with my Student Visa granted because We DO NOT intend to stay in the UK. Help me please!!!! I really want to study my masters and share our biggest day with Craig´s family as well. :)

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hmmm, this does seem to be a difficult question. I see on the UK Border Agency info on Student visitors (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uirements/) they say:

That seems to indicate it would not be allowed. Their info on Marriage (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... rtnership/) may still be of help to you. I would try contacting the office you are to give notice to (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... registrar/) and see if they can provide more concrete information.

Has anyone else been through this or can offer information? I would also refer you to the guide to London and the section on UK visas as it could provide information on the different options.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gabrielagarciag

gabrielagarciag New Member

City:
    Guayaquil
    Living In:
    Ecuador
    Nationality:
    Ecuadorian (EC)
    Languages:
    spanish english french mandarin
    Thanks for your advice its very helpful, ill try contacting the Uk agency to see if its possible.