Forum Ireland

Forum of expats in Ireland: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Do I need a Visa to Ireland (married to an EU citiz. + EEA)?

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by chiao2, Oct 18, 2012.

1. chiao2

chiao2 Member

Living In:
    Hungary
    Nationality:
    Nigerien (NG)
    Languages:
    English
    Goody day

To whom it may concern... I will like to know if I needed a Visa to Ireland, Dublin as I'm married to an EU national, with me having my 5 years residence of EEA Family member, why I'm asking this is that actually I am traveling to Belfast, Northern Ireland but there is no direct flight except if I traveled through dublin which is more easier for me to get into Belfast. So I need an answer if I needed a visa to pass through the airport of dublin or my EEA family residence card is enough proof? to use also I know I needed an EEA family permit from the UK embassy to be in Belfast.. I will really appreciate any response from anyone who is willing to help out on what I should do.

Thanks.

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    If you have a EEA card and also married to a EU citizen you don't need a visa to go to Ireland.
    You can check the rules on the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service website
    The S.I. No. 345 of 2011. Immigration Act 2004 (Visas) (No. 2) Order 2011 document says (page 4):
    Also you can check on this Irish Embassy website:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...