Forum Dubai

Forum of expats in Dubai: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Cost of Living in Dubai

Discussion in 'Dubai' started by Carm-e, May 7, 2007.

1. Carm-e

Carm-e New Member

City:
    South Africa
    Please can anyone assist me with the cost of living in Dubai, as I will be relocating there in July from south Africa.

I'm married and have a 1 year old daughter.

What would be my best option in terms of daycare for her - nursery or nanny???

How difficult is to obtain a drivers licence in dubai, as I currently only posses a learners licence?

Will it be best to get a Villa or Flat? Furnished or Unfurnished?

Thanks
    Carm-e[/quote]

2. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
  3. Carm-e

Carm-e New Member

City:
    South Africa
    Thanks alot BUT I've tried all those sites and Im not getting a concrete answer.

4. jules_113

jules_113 New Member

cost of living is increasing.. compared to south africa it is quite costly. i would suggest a compound or community, meadows, or springs for villas, or the greens for apartments. there arelots of great nurseries in jumeirah, try little wonders nursery between wasl and jumeirah. personally i dont agree with the idea of a nanny, u have a child, raise it.. but everyone had their right to opinion.
    drivers license is quite simple. if uve seen the inside of a car, you're good to go, try Belhasa driving centre in Jumeirah, a lot of paperwork, but simple. furnished or unfurnished is realy up to u, if you like your personal taste to come out through your interior, then obviously, furnish it yourself, but if you get it furnished, it will save you a lot of time, and money.