Форум Bangalore

Сообщество экспатов Bangalore: поделитесь своим опытом, получите местную информацию.

Поиск по всему сайту

Правила пользователя  -  Помощь  -  Условия и правила  -  Политика конфиденциальности

Оставайтесь на связи

✎ EN Coming to Bangalore to live, bringing my personal jewellery?

Тема в разделе "Bangalore", создана пользователем DeirdreT, 5 авг 2015.

1. DeirdreT

DeirdreT New Member

Симпатии:
    Страна:
    Испания
    Национальность:
    Ирландский (IE)
    Язык:
    English, Español
    Hello all,

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I couldn't find a way to search the forums. I'm moving to Bangalore at the end of September as my husband is being sent there by work for 1-2 years. I've seen that the jewellery allowance is only up to the value of 100 000Rs and have only seen conflicting information about what is allowed and what's not. I would like to bring the majority of my personal jewellery, just a few necklaces, rings, earrings and bracelets, nothing crazy but definitely over the allowance. Will I have any problems? Somebody mentioned getting appraisals done and getting the items endorsed on your passport, does anyone know anything about this?

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Moderator
    Команда форума

Симпатии:
    Страна:
    Великобритания
    Национальность:
    Французский (FR)
    Язык:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Heloo,

I've moved your post to the forum on Bangalore. Also, you can easily search on the forum :arrow: here.

Regarding the jewellery issue, to avoid problems with customs officials at Indian airports when it comes to jewelry taken to India, consider getting an appraisal done abroad. The appraisal means a photo of the jewellery item along with details such as gold content, weight etc.

If the amount of jewellery/gold exceed the free allowance, you should approach customs officers at the airport/arrival and show them the appraisal.

Also other information here: http://gulfnews.com/news/uae/general/ha ... -1.1309006

Best of luck and keep us informed on your findings. :thumbup:

Загрузка...